- Please enter the studio quietly as other classes may be in session upon your arrival
- We are committed to maintaining a very high level of cleanliness at JZT Dance. We would appreciate your cooperation in keeping our studio clean.
- No street shoes are allowed in either studio room
- There is no food allowed at JZT Dance Studio.
- Please be considerate and clean up any drink or trash you may leave behind.
- DO NOT leave soiled diapers in the garbage cans.
- Students should use the bathroom before or after class only, unless it is an emergency.
- If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to discuss it with us whenever it does not interfere with a class. We will be happy to arrange a time when we can speak with you.
- All students are expected to observe the school's strict dress code (www.jztdanceandyoga.com/dress-code).
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children's dancewear, footwear and hair are appropriate for the class taken.
- Students must have their hair completely secured in a bun or ponytail for all classes.
- After the second week of classes, our dress code will be strictly enforced. Dance instructors have the discretion to remove any student from class whose attire does not conform with the dress code.
- Proper behavior is expected of all students before, during and after classes as it is imperative to the learning environment. Students are expected to be polite, courteous and respectful towards their teachers as well as their fellow students so that we may create a nurturing atmosphere.
- Students should be ready for class and dressed in required attire and shoes no less than ten minutes before class begins.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late for class may be asked to observe class only.
- There is no talking or fooling around permitted during class.
- For safety reasons, no jewelry is permitted to be worn in class. The students may not bring toys, dolls, or any other objects into the classrooms at any time. No chewing gum or drinks are permitted in class.
- In the event of improper behavior, teachers have the discretion to dismiss a disruptive student from the class for all or part of the remainder of class.
- In the event that a student refuses to cooperate, the student's parent will be notified and asked to pick up their student immediately.
- Students who repeatedly disregard the dress code, miss class, or disrupt classes with improper behavior may be suspended or discharged from the school and the year-end performance at the sole discretion of the management, with or without warning.
- No refund of tuition, costumes or tickets will be given for any student who is discharged for improper conduct.
Drop Off / Pick Up
All of our young dancers (Pre-School and Tiny Dancers) must be escorted in and out of the studios by a caregiver. Please do not drop any young dancer off or ask them to come out to the car or parking lot to be picked up without supervision. For their safety, we ask that you take the time to escort them in before the start of their class and then come in to escort them out when they’re class is finished.
We do our best to make sure that all classes begin and end on time. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their dancers arrive to class on time and must also be there to pick up their children as soon as class is over. Please understand that children are only supervised by JZT Dance, while in the studio, during class time. If a parent or guardian is late picking their child up, students are welcome to sit in the lobby and watch TV quietly until their parent arrives. Please ensure that your child is picked-up promptly at the end of class.
Lost and Found Policy
The studio is not responsible for personal items left in the studio or waiting room. Any shoes and clothing left in the building will be placed in the Lost and Found in the lobby at the end of the day. The Lost and Found will be emptied at the end of every month. We strongly encourage you to label everything, especially your child’s shoes.
Photos and Videos
Photos and videos are taken of JZT dancers throughout the year in class, at the studio or at JZT events. Many of the photos will be posted on our Facebook page, Instagram page, on our website and on various marketing materials for advertisements. A general Photography Release is part of our Policy Agreement and Waiver. However, out of courtesy to our parents, it is our normal practice to request an additional Photography Release form to be signed for specific marketing pieces.
Absences and Make-up Classes
There are no refunds given for missed classes. Make-up classes may be taken for missed classes by attending another class of the same level. We allow up to two missed classes per season to be made up before February 1st. No make-up classes can be offered after February 1st as teachers are preparing their specific, unique dance routines for the Spring Performance and cannot accommodate make-up students.
Class Cancellation Policy
JZT Dance’s scheduled closure dates are listed on the calendar. In the event of inclement weather, you will be notified of class cancellations and/ or dismissals via email and it will also be posted on our Facebook page. If bad weather arrives during the course of the day and parents are unsure about the status of classes for that evening, they can check the studio voicemail, which will always be updated if and when classes are cancelled. JZT will not typically make up classes cancelled due to bad weather unless the same class misses two or more sessions, in which case JZT will reschedule the class. JZT Dance reserves the right to cancel or combine classes due to number of registrants.
Please ensure that we have an updated mobile number, email and home address at all times. Please inform us promptly of any changes throughout the year. Our primary means of communication with our parents is through email. We strongly recommend that all parents/guardians check their emails regularly. Information may also be posted in our lobby. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to be aware of important dates and all studio activities. It is also imperative that parents check to make sure that studio emails are not ending up in your SPAM folder. If they are, please make the change so that they are being received in your regular inbox
For your convenience, we also have a Customer Portal application. The Customer Portal is a wonderful tool that allows you to manage your account online. The Portal is where you can update your contact information, view your fees and payments, enroll your children into additional classes and events, send online payments, and see news updates that we post. You can use this link to create and access your own portal (https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/portal/ppLogin.asp?id=524271). You must use the email address that you used to register to access the Portal.
Attendance is extremely important and dancers must be committed to their dance classes. Please try not to miss class! Regular attendance is important to both the individual dancers and the class as a whole. Attendance is particularly important once dance recital practices begin, not only so each dancer doesn't fall behind, but also because the other class members are relying on your dancer for his/her role in the routine. If you are injured (i.e. with a pulled muscle) please come to class and observe so that you may familiarize yourself with new technique or choreography. If absenteeism becomes a concern, the instructor will contact the parents and make necessary arrangements. Excessive absences may result in the student being asked to move down a level, or to not participate in the Spring Performance.
Please make every effort to get to class on time. Promptness allows for proper warm-up, to avoid injury. Any student who arrives more than 15 minutes late to class will be asked to observe.